You may have the most wonderful product or service in the world but unless you engage your prospects, they’re leaving.
Research shows that you have literally seconds to capture your web audience. Compelling, engaging content that speaks to your customer’s needs and desires will hold them and get them to take action.
Producing top-tier, professional copy is not just about putting words together. It’s about curiosity, research, creativity, critical thinking, and excellent project management skills. It’s about choosing the right words that elicit emotion in the target audience.
Finding a writer who can best serve your business goals is not always easy. It’s also not rocket surgery (sic). A good writer has a solid methodology for discovery and content production.
During the discovery phase, we’ll get specific about your needs.
- What is your product or service?
- Who is your audience?
- What are they looking for from you (what are their needs, where is their pain)?
- What is your unique value proposition?
- What are your goals with this project (Web site, ad, brochure, etc.)?
- Who is your competition?
- What do you do better than the competition?
I ask lots of questions and then I listen for key words and phrases that you use to describe your company and industry. Before I start writing, I’ll have a good sense of what your goals are, who you’re trying to reach, and what is important to them.
I want to know as much as I need to about your industry and its players so I can effectively communicate what differentiates you.
- Who are the industry leaders?
- How do your competitors position themselves?
- What is their presence on the Web?
- What do your competitors do well?
- What are the keywords your audience uses to find you?
I write copy that is specifically targeted to show your customers that you understand their needs and have the solutions to their problems. I produce high-quality content within your time frame and on the budget we’ve agreed to.
During the production phase of writing or editing your content, you and I will collaborate to refine the message. This can generally be done in two rewrites but clarity of message and your satisfaction are key.