Competition for your customer’s attention is fierce and it’s everywhere: ads, news, tragedy, comedy, desire, regret, and shiny consumer electronics.
Unless you surprise potential customers with content that makes them happy, sad, angry, or anxious (elicits an emotional response), they’ll go to someone who does make them sit up and notice.
Use the following tips when hiring any freelance writer.
- Peruse his portfolio and look at samples of his writing.
- Call his references to confirm he’s reliable and delivers on schedule.
- Flexibility is important. How does he feel about suggestions and changes?
- How does he work under deadline pressures?
- Does the writer know search engine optimization (SEO)?
- Can the writer communicate your unique value proposition on every page?
- Does the writer’s web site do this for his own business?
Whether your business is profit or non-profit, make sure your writer understands that your customers don’t want to read about product features; they want to be convinced that your product or service benefits them.
Get a free estimate today.